Set up Email for Outlook 2010
What you will need:
- User Name
- Email Address
Begin Set up
- Launch Outlook 2010
- Once Outlook starts up, go to the “File” tab then click on “Add Account”. File➝Add Account
- In the Window that pops up, click on “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” near the bottom and then hit “Next”
- On the next window, select “Internet E-mail” at the top and click next.
- In next window called “Add New Account” , fill in the following categories:
- Email Address: <user_name>@<domain_name>
- Account Type: Select IMAP to store email on Server and access from multiple devices/machines. Select POP3 to pull down all mail locally to your device/machine
- Incoming Mail Server: “mail.bcsehosting.com”
- Outgoing Mail Server: “mail.bcsehosting.com”
- User Name: <user_name>
- Password: your password
- Optional: “Remember Password” check box
- Click on the “More Settings..” button in the lower right
- In the new window that pops up, go to the “Outgoing Server” tab and put a check-mark where it says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and make sure the bullet is checked that says “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
- Move to the “Advanced Tab” and at the selection in the drop down box for SMTP change from “None” to “SSL” for Incoming then change the number next to Port to “993” for IMAP, and “995” for POP then click “OK” at the bottom. For Outgoing, you will want to set port to “587” and change the dropdown box to either “TLS” or “StartTLS”.
- You will then be taken back to the “Change Account” section, first click “Test Account Settings” to verify it is working.