Set up Email for Outlook 2007
What you will need:
- User Name
- Email Address
Begin Set up
- Launch Outlook 2007
- Under the “Tools” tab, find “Account Settings”. Tools➝Account Settings
- A new window will pop up, find the “E-mail” (usually farthest on left) and select that tab
- Find the “New..” button and click it.
- A new window will pop up: Select the “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” option and click “Next”
- On the next window, select “Internet E-mail” at the top and click next.
- In next window called “Add New Account” , fill in the following categories:
- Email Address: <user_name>@<domain_name>
- Account Type: Select IMAP to store email on Server and access from multiple devices/machines. Select POP3 to pull down all mail locally to your device/machine
- Incoming Mail Server: “mail.bcsehosting.com”
- Outgoing Mail Server: “mail.bcsehosting.com”
- User Name: <user_name>
- Password: your password
- Optional: “Remember Password” check box
- Click on the “More Settings..” button in the lower right
- In the “Internet Email Settings” window that pops up, go the “Outgoing Server” tab and put a check mark in the box that says “My outgoing (SMTP) requires authentication” and also make sure the “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” is checked.
- Head over the “Advanced” tab and change the drop down box from “None” to “SSL” for the “Incoming server (SMTP)” section. Then set the value to “993” for IMAP or “995” for POP, and make sure the Outgoing server port is set to “587”. For Outgoing, you will also want to make sure the drop down box next to Outgoing is either set to “TLS” or “StartTLS” and hit OK at the bottom of the window.
- You will then be taken back to the “Change Account” section, first click “Test Account Settings” to verify it is working.
- Set up is Complete